Friday, August 10, 2007

This is a very well written piece about the top ten rule, but I wish the author would have put more of their opinion into it. I can tell their friend that was placed in the CAPs program wasn't a fan of the rule, but I didn't get a clear picture from the author.Yes, I don't think the top ten rule is fair, but others still do have a chance of getting into the University of Texas. I would know, I am one of them. I was not top ten at my class. I was in the top quarter. I think its about 30% of those admitted each year are not a part of the top ten percent of their graduating class. I was the class of 2004, so I guess the 2003 class was just a little unlucky. Each high school does differ educationally, but the admissions office does take this into consideration. They are going to look at other things besides just the class rank and see if they are capable of success at the University. I mean, just look at me if you want an example.